Improve your body’s natural healing capabilities
Acupuncture is a physical medicine that boosts the body’s natural healing abilities. It balances the nervous system and improves function in specific muscles, vessel groups, and organs. Acu-points are like control panel switches that help the body send pain-relieving neurochemicals and endorphins to certain areas. In fact, MRIs have shown that the brain connects specific body parts with specific acu-points. Acupuncture also regulates gasotransmitters, such as Nitric Oxide, which can cause pain and dysfunction when imbalanced.
I’ve heard of Dry needling — is this the same as acupuncture?
Yes. Dry needling (aka trigger point needling) is a form of acupuncture that releases muscles. Licensed acupuncturists are trained in multiple needling methods, as well as additional modalities that target trigger points and muscle pain, such as cupping (myofascial decompression) and gua sha (Graston technique).
- Pain Conditions: Musculoskeletal Pain (back, neck, knee, shoulder, elbow, etc.), Arthritis, Migraines, Headaches, Sports Injuries, Fibromyalgia, TMJ, Post-Operative Recovery, Nervous System Disorders.
- Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Allergies, Sinus Problems.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Food Allergies, Ulcers, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Indigestion, Constipation/Diarrhea.
- Women’s Health: Infertility, PMS, Menstrual Irregularities, Endometriosis, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, Menopause, Hormonal Imbalances, Pregnancy Conditions, Postpartum, Reproductive Disorders, Breech Baby.
- Men’s Health: Incontinence, Reproductive Disorders, Prostate Problems.
- Children’s Health: Coughs, Colic, Allergies, ADD/ADHD, Sleep Disorders, Digestive Problems, Fever/Flu/Colds, Stomach Aches/Nausea, Headaches, Bed Wetting.
- Addictions: Smoking, Cravings, Drug, Alcohol.
- Mental/Emotional: Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sleep Disturbances, Stress.